Thursday, November 18, 2010

Green...the new craze

It's amazing how the green industry is growing at a rapid rate! Almost everyday, I see at least two or three green company vehicles on the road - from green consulting businesses, solar power companies, "green ride" (taxi service?),  and other various green services. Recently, it is becoming more apparent to me that the "green" market is the new craze. Nowadays, almost every company is making strides to be eco-friendly in order to boost their business. Green sells and I intend to enter this industry when I start my career. I've already networked with a few people that will help me to pursue my green ideas! I'm excited for what is to come! :-)

As some of you may know, I went to San Francisco last week and had the privilege of meeting the Greenpeace Student Network up there. We had a fun and informative discussion. They were all so welcoming and I even got a tour of their offices and some freebies! I really look forward to working with them in the future and fulfilling my role as Lead Activist.

Speaking of, I am still looking for people that will write a letter to Interior Secretary, Ken Salazar to stop BP's next oil drilling project off of Alaska's arctic coast! Ken Salazar has the power to stop this from happening by refusing to give BP the permit to follow through with this project. You can help by writing a personalized letter to Ken Salazar, with some points to emphasize (which I will provide). I know you're thinking that you, alone, can't change the mind of Ken Salazar, but you can! We have power in numbers and in words and we can prevent another oil spill disaster from happening so don't stand idle and do something about it! Don't wait or it'll be too late and as soon as know, we'll have another disaster on our hands! If you are interested in learning more about how you can help, just let me know and I will send you the info through email or Facebook!

Click here for more info on BP's next oil drilling project: http://members.greenpeace.org/blog/grassroots/2010/08/26/stop-bp-from-drilling

Here are some pictures from San Francisco:

Toyota Prius Hybrid provided by zipcar.com! I drives so nice! :-)


Protect the animals!


Front desk of Greenpeace, SF



Such a wonderful bunch of people! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment