Friday, September 24, 2010

First project assignment

Hi Everyone!

Thank you very much for participating, I really appreciate it. Over the course of the next few weeks, I would like you to do at least four different, eco-friendly, ongoing activities (and by different, I mean something that you don’t already do). For example, if you use water bottles everyday then start to use a reusable water bottle or purchase recycled products that you can use in your everyday lives. There are many resources out there that you can use. You don’t necessarily have to purchase anything, you can just change some habits, like taking the bus/carpooling/riding your bike to school/work instead of driving (if it’s close enough), or recycling your bottles and cans instead of just throwing them in a regular trash can.  I have added a number of websites that offer efficient ways to lead an eco-friendly life, but you don’t necessarily have to follow these. Be creative! The opportunities are boundless!

Once you have chosen at least four eco-friendly activities that you are going to pursue within the next three weeks (and hopefully, for longer than that), I would like you to keep a simple journal of these activities, stating what you are doing and how it has helped you lead a more eco-friendly life. I would also like you to encourage at least two others to do the same. I would like for you to report to me weekly, by email, with the first journal entry(ies)due on Sunday, 9/26 and every Sunday (or any day before that) with the last entry due 10/17. I am trying to get an online blog started so that you can upload your entries on there, I’ll let you know how that goes.

Although you are helping me out a ton by doing this, keep in mind that ultimately I am trying to get you to change your lifestyle and realize how easy it can be to help out the environment by doing simple things in your everyday life.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Again, thank you very much for doing this and I look forward to reading about your activities! Oh and Mother Earth would like to thank you too! ;-)
Here are some helpful websites:

Sincerely,
Mayanne Atanacio

0 comments:

Post a Comment