Friday, September 24, 2010

Lead an eco-friendly life-style


Hi Everyone,

As some of you may know, I am majoring in Global Business Management (Entrepreneurship emphasis). I am taking a Global Leadership class this semester and I am doing a project in which I have to use my leadership skills. This project requires me to work with others to fulfill a certain goal, which is why I have come to you! I would really appreciate it if you can help me do this project. I completely understand that we all have busy lives but I promise you that this will not take up a big chunk of your time and it will benefit you and others around you as well. I have less than three weeks to accomplish this goal so it will be a short-term project, however, the effects are long-term. Here is my proposition:

My goal is to increase awareness of recycling and promote an eco-friendly lifestyle by getting others to practice eco-friendly activities in their everyday lives. The people that I work with will have to change their lifestyle in at least four different ways (ex. Use a Brita filter instead of purchasing water bottles, recycle bottles and cans, ride their bike to school, etc.). They will also have to encourage at least two other people to do the same and record their progress. I understand that most of you are pretty eco-friendly, (if you weren’t, I probably wouldn’t be your friend haha), but I’m encouraging you to go above and beyond what you already do in order to better the environment and your lives! This project is a test of my leadership skills, so I will have to check up with you every-so-often and my professor will need your email addresses so that he can ask you about my leadership skills. Although this project will only last about three weeks, my ultimate goal is to get you and others around you to change your lifestyle to be more eco-friendly! We have been abusing our Earth for so long now and if we all do our part, we will all benefit! As Gandhi once said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.”

I really appreciate your time and I understand if you cannot fit this into your busy schedule. However, if you are interested in helping me, then please contact me A.S.A.P. (preferably by Sunday night because I need to report back to my professor on Monday). If you are interested, I will be emailing you shortly with more information on this project. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks again!

Mayanne

0 comments:

Post a Comment